Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Paris is a wonderland........ part 1


So yes this blog is a bit late as i have since returned from my latest trip to Paris but i was tech challenged in paree.lol. My trips to Paris are always a bit different and certainly not on the tourist radar . Of course there are many many visits to all the amazing galleries as i love nothing more than to be surrounded by great art its intoxicating to say the least. This picture above is the view from my apartment and yes of course it will be a painting at some point. Thats what i was there for, too find lots of inspiration, a little business, sketch and take pics for my latest Paris series that will feature in my next Brisbane SOLO in 2014 .
Although its difficult to concentrate with a patisserie under the apartment as every morning u are woken up by the smell of fresh french bread .I am not a fan of bread at all but this bread is truly from the gods my organic diet was totally out the window . 
Of course i did find the right soundtrack for my Paris adventure and how i love sketching this divine  city.I take my visual diary everywhere i go and capture moments there and then . That's my idea of a fun time its so nice to be inside your own head and not thinking of the pressures of modern day . Paris takes me away to almost another time another world where for what ever reason i am completely  happy.I just love wandering the streets by myself and seeing what i see , there is such beauty at every turn. 
 Ohhhhhhhh and yes this is a very bad sign indeed ......GELATO that was the best i had ever tasted right across the road . Not to mention i was staying in party , wine bar central and all anyone drinks is Rosa and if u drink enough u become french and learn to love it . How i love paris so stay tuned have a another glass of rosa and i shall write more about this wonderful city .x

2 comments: