Monday, December 23, 2013

The artistic nightmare that is Christmas

Christmas to me has always been nightmare .....................firstly lets just try to get through all the commissions i have in my case its very overwhelming . Every gallery appears to think they are your only gallery and their commissions are the most important but of course they are !!!!! so its how the nightmare begins it starts first week of December when all new works have to be delivered in time for sale over the silly season . I work exceptionally hard an no fun to be around in December ,i am so lucky all my friends understand this .
 These beautiful mini's arrive early in December and let me just tell you they do take much longer than ever to paint these day . However they are highly coveted and collected as they are always a bit different every year . In saying that my family are pretty much over getting them as every years its the same old same old . So this year i got them all mugs !!!!!
No i will not be selling mugs now just a family xmas thingy . Edward and the skull are clearly aimed at my niece's and nephews . One very exciting development this year has been the sale of my Alice prints they were just walking out the door. So today which is Xmas eve i am still working , most of my orders have left now . Today its just finishing of last of commissions that did not make it in time for Christmas but i always like to start each year a fresh .

So my beautiful black tree dressed in technicolor is up , Mugs are getting wrapped and I make much effort to stay the hell away from the kitchen as i cant cook .  I artfully arrange colorful platters thats my idea of being in the kitchen . Ok and yes i am really excited about boxing day shopping !!!!!!!So soon this all ends my little nightmare that is Christmas .Merry Christmas everyone i hope u all have a super fantastic time over the silly season .xo

No comments:

Post a Comment