Friday, March 22, 2013

my love affair with brisbane continues





My love affair with Brisbane continues............. !!!!!!!! Here is a sneak peak of my latest painting . This has been a wonderful honour to have been selected to paint such a remarkable icon of Brisbane .  Get your cheque books out Brisbane. This specially commissioned painting of City Hall is only available at the Lord Mayors Community Trust Gala Event on Sat 13th April. This should be a fantastic event its the unveiling of the new renovations of this remarkable building . This painting shows the balance between the old and new in Brisbane as the city evolves but still holds on to tradition that makes this a great city .Captured in my signature style and vivid colour palette with a modern Sci-fi undertones . Which makes Brisbane look out of this world .

6 comments:

  1. Luvs, this exceptional! I paid my extra 15 dollars with my Rates notice to fund renos, just know there's glass slippers and an invite in the post for me for City Hall's Gala Ball! Paws crossed! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father is always telling me that his birthday is the same as the City Hall's
    April 8th,1930.
    Maybe I should give him a
    re-boot,too ?-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well now darren thats one way of knowing !!!!!!

      Delete
    2. That's nice, he should see Starr's painting. x

      Delete
  3. Hey Starr,
    I just found out Julian Lennon's birthday is on the 8th of April,too.So he celebrates his birthday with the Brisbane City Hall as well.

    ReplyDelete