Monday, July 9, 2012

melrose and my american boy

Every painting has a story and a reason why it was painted . "melrose" was a very special painting for many reasons . Firstly it was part of my first LA exhibition quiet a few years back now . It then ended up on a book cover for a marketing UNI text book . Then it ended up in one of my top collector collections . For a painting it certainly got around . While on one of my LA trips i met a captivating man and this scean was outside of his house , he lived just off melrose . I just now refer to him as my american boy , he made a hell of am impact on me . A girl will always remember her first american she encounter's as they are so damn charming . I remember this magical scean and walking up it with him holding hands . Over the years i have shopped this street many many times but nothing was better then having corona's at the snakepit (a very cool little bar on melrose) with the american boy who oddly wore more make-up than me . Lets face it if it had not been for him i may never have painted this exact scean. ART is all about passion and adventure , experiences like this just enhance ones creativity .I always wanted a life that resembles wonderland and cant wait to fall down the next hole and end up in another place as special as MELROSE . X

No comments:

Post a Comment